So, okay, I’m strange.
I have this thing about injecting movie lines into conversations without warning. People who recognize the movie line usually laugh; others look at me like I have Turret’s or something.
The Princess Bride, in my opinion, has probably more fun and memorable lines than any other movie I’ve seen. So for your
amazement amusement…below are five of my favorite lines from this classic:
5. “No more rhymes, now, I mean it.” “Anybody want a peanut?”
4. “Mawwiage. Mawwiage is wot bwings us toogevah tooday. Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam wifin a dweam…”
3. “Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped.”
2. “Lemme ‘splain. No, there is too much. Lemme sum up.”
And the number one favorite line from The Princess Bride….
1. “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
So…any other Princess Bride fans out there? What’s your favorite line?